Our Install Process
- All items must be moved out of the garage or area where epoxy is being applied (if any are present.)
- Muriatic Acid is used to remove any oil or other materials that would prevent the epoxy from setting to the floor.
- Floor is neutralized and flushed clear of any degreaser or acid wash.
- Floor is then inspected for any cracks or holes and filled with a concrete filler if present.
- Perimeter is taped off.
- Concrete primer is now applied to the entire surface of the floor.
- After primer is completely dry, floor is then blown free of any dust or dirt and the epoxy is now ready to be applied.
Our Install process Days 2 & 3
- Base coat of 100% solids epoxy (thickest and most durable epoxy) is laid down then decorative chips are thrown at about 70% coverage.
- Epoxy is then given over night to dry into its semi-gloss finish.
- Excess chips are blown off and collected.
- Then a final top coat of poly-urethane is applied to add a longer lasting high-gloss finish.
- Floor is able to be walked in 24 hours but no vehicle traffic for 7 days which is the complete cure time for 100% solids epoxy.
- Tape is pulled, and job is complete!
Call Best Coast Epoxy Coatings if you have any questions.
**All installations include a standard 10 year warranty on installation and labor.**